Week 5

Posted on Updated on

Insert big email here…

Did it work?
No, it didn’t, oh well…

Anyway, the week has been slow again, but we have transfers coming around the corner so it’s kinda nice to know what a slow week looks like before transfers throw everything out of the window of speeding time.

On Tuesday, we had exchanges with our Zone Leaders in Salisbury and for the first time in almost 2 years, I rode a bike for 6 miles. Boy, was I tired after that first ride. We were riding to Newburyport, but as we got closer to the place where we were going, we realized that we going the wrong way (almost as bad as walking 15 miles in the wrong direction back at the beginning of my mission), but we had some work that we could do, so it wasn’t a complete waste. The day was walking, riding, more walking, then a car ride to Haverhill to visit a less active member with another member. This was all Tuesday.

Wednesday was district meeting. We talked a lot about referrals and how we have been taught to help the members seek them. One problem that I feel have is not following up, so I was a big stickler about following up. I felt kinda bad afterwards but had several good comments about, so I didn’t feel too bad.

Thursday was a sick day. I had been feeling it all week but it came to a climax on Thursday. Sore throat, bad headaches (migraine?), and severe weakness in my muscles. Sounds like a cold to me, hence I stayed in bed. My companion accepted that logic and he worked on a large number of things, while I was in bed. I wasn’t completely idle myself: I made a plan of what I’m going to do when I go home, but then scrapped the plan and told myself to think about it later… other than that, I slept.

Friday, we had weekly planning all day. I can safely say that we were VERY thorough, even though we didn’t work outside a lot.

Saturday was a day of finding and the rest of weekly planning. I admit we did not complete weekly planning despite doing all day on Friday, but we didn’t have much.

Sunday was another slow day. We got assigned to clean the baptismal font for a baptism for a member family. Then we went to a farewell for another family who is moving to Colorado. And that brings us to today. Yeah emailing!!

Anyway, I’m doing better, hope to hear from you all soon!

Elder R Seely
Sent from my Mission-Issued iPad


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s